Monday, December 17, 2012

2 months, eight nights and whole lotta loot

Hola -  i am currently 2 months plus a day old (but whose counting). Phew- how time flies - i hear my mom tell people that it feels like its been 6 months but i am not exactly sure how long 6 months "feels like" - but from my quick rough precise calculations that would be about 3 times the amount of days we have already spent laughing, dancing, eating, reading, skyping, eating, telling jokes, napping, eating...so if that's the case i'll take it.
 
Just like the Maccabees who rededicated their temple in Jerusalem we reclaimed and decorated our mantel for Hanukkah with some very special menorahs. One from my Ema's bat mitzvah, one from my Bubby, one from my mom and Ema's third date also known as their trip to Guatemala and two new ones to start my own collection (thank you Cantor Family).  Thoughts from my first Hanukkah: making matzoh balls is sticky business, its so nice how the neighborhood decorates for the festival of lights, dill is delicious, no you cant blow out the Hanukkah candles, give my Ema a catchy Hanukkah song and she'll sing three, just like the "Eternal Flame" oil only enough for one day but lasted eight  - my hair still smells like latkes.  Xo Curiously Carter






Making Matzoh Balls- oy
 
Second night with Aunt Eva
 
Fifth night- Nicole and Sarina lighting the menorah
 
My Loot- Toda everyone!
 
 
Currently Curious about Colors

 
 

2 comments:

  1. what a joyful celebration week you had.... thanks for sharing. Gma T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carter
    what great pics and even better blogs the 1st pic of You in this blog is the best
    You have that sexy sly look like your
    Zayda E
    I love you

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you...